Wednesday, June 25, 2008

I have been sick for a long time. I have done stupid things in an attempt to destroy myself. I have starved myself as punishment for my existence. I have punched brick walls and ground my knuckles into gravel to feel relief and guilt. I have drunk coffee and cola to increase my insomnia. I have stood in front of mirrors and frequently told myself what I believed... 'I'm pathetic, stupid, useless, a waste of life, that I need to hurt myself.'

I have used money as a means to make things difficult for myself and others.
I gave away money I couldn't afford to give away. I signed up to things I couldn't afford, bought things I ddin't need because I believed I didn't deserve things to run smoothly for me, that things needed to be hard, complicated. I found my self needing to ask people to pay my way because I was too much of a loose unit to function basically and was desperate to hide it figuring that I would be dead sometime soon so why worry about consequences? I have been hiding in shadows for a long time.

I had no real grasp on what was going on with me, how bad things really were. I was unaware how bad my depression, finances and self image were. I figured people needed to hate me because I hated myself so much. I believed that if people liked me I was fooling them because I felt I had nothing good in me. I wanted to self destruct. I wanted to see people hate me. Or so I thought. I wanted to hurt, to starve to flirt with death because I had convinced my self for years, subtley first, then blatantly that this was what I deserved. Pain.

I don't believe that anymore. I am not that person anymore, and while I am still struggling with issues I've refused to face for the better part of a decade, while I still have to force myself to eat, while I still struggle with stressing out and jumping to the worst conclusions... I am getting better. I am better than I have been in a long time. I feel happiness now and have little reservation in revealing my past to others. I want to live.

I accept what I have done. I own what I have done. I am responsible for my own actions. I understand this.

So from here on out I am concerned with cleaning up my messes and moving forward positively and healthily. If you want to acknowledge my past, accept that it happened and move forward in a new direction with me please feel free. If not that's fine. But I refuse to allow anyone else's bitterness and ill thought eat away at me.

I'm sorry to everyone for everything I've done.

AJ

2 Comments:

At 7/10/2008 02:30:00 AM, Blogger Rebel Heart said...

interesting. i have found with attitude shifts is that they waver depending on life's situation. for two months of this year i was extremely well and happy, but i've just come back to regular wrist cutting again

how can you have made things difficult for others if you were giving your money to them?

 
At 7/16/2008 10:24:00 AM, Blogger AJ said...

because i was giving money to the wrong people.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home