Thursday, August 18, 2005

A Grim Realisation...

It's always a bitter pill to swallow when you realise what a poor example of the Christian faith you truly are.
Alot of my faults can be traced back to my non christian upbringing. My family is non christian (which makes then inherently evil, my younger brother dresses in black and has piercings). I struggle with so many things my lack of maturity in my faith is one of them. I try so hard to be as cool as all the grown up Christians I meet but I just slip back into my deviant and disgusting ways. Such foul and filthy things include use of words like 'arse' in playful banter, this is unacceptable. Other unacceptable and shocking things about me include being attracted to the opposite sex which is something that shouldn't happen at all under any circumstances until after I'm married- for shame. Yes I'm truly in a dilly of a pickle, I hope these confessions aren't too much to handle, here's a biggy, once in a while I indulge in having a beer! Sickening and Perverse I know. My faith simply isn't strong enough or mature enough to cope with all these adversities. Maybe it would be best if I was to give up. I need to reflect. Perhaps I shall listen to some music, REM maybe? I'll start with 'Losing My Religion'.

14 Comments:

At 8/18/2005 06:58:00 PM, Blogger Jared said...

Don't worry even those of us who are mature Christians (ie born and bred into the church) suffer these failings. Or may be it is just me. May be I'm the black sheep of Christianity.
I think I'll go listen to some *heavy metal music*

 
At 8/18/2005 06:58:00 PM, Blogger Kelly said...

:D

Oh yes, I also may have been permanently spiritually impaired by my unholy upbringing (it's the demons), & the effects are still evident in my life. I also occasionally drink alcohol, and my conscience isn't even twinged by speaking to a guy alone in an empty room - can you imagine what might potentially happen in such a situation without adult supervision?! There are many many things like these that spell out my spiritual immaturity. I would repent, but Jesus can't save me from my upbringing and the fact that I've only been a Christian for a few years.

 
At 8/18/2005 07:11:00 PM, Blogger AJ said...

I'm glad you can relate Kelly I was thinking it may be a good idea to start an 'immature christian playgroup'. We could pray for our salvation but I don't know how to pray. Boys and Girls will be seperated so you don't need to worry about that. I'm off to suck my spiritual thumb.

 
At 8/18/2005 07:36:00 PM, Blogger Matt said...

If you wish for mature Christian advice, you can talk to me. I drink and say "arse," but because I was blessed with a Christian upbringing I am inherently more holy than you. Just say the word, and I'll patronisingly offer more hypocritical advice than you can shake a bible up.

 
At 8/18/2005 07:37:00 PM, Blogger Matt said...

Uh, at.

 
At 8/18/2005 11:11:00 PM, Blogger AJ said...

Thank heavens for you Matt mould me in your mature yet hypocritical and patronising image, I'm shaking a bible...

 
At 8/19/2005 12:10:00 AM, Blogger AJ said...

Oh and Matt YOU know Jolyon?

 
At 8/19/2005 01:30:00 AM, Blogger Matt said...

Yes, yes, in fact I do.

I hung out with him a bit, cos he seemed like a mature Christian ;-)

 
At 8/19/2005 01:33:00 AM, Blogger Woody said...

Well, I don't drink or say "arse," but.... I do come from a non-christian family and I am immature. Can I join your gang now?

J

 
At 8/19/2005 03:14:00 AM, Blogger AJ said...

He's not a mature Christian is he? He comes from a non christian background. Well he is about a decade older though

 
At 8/19/2005 02:31:00 PM, Blogger AJ said...

jolyon that is

 
At 8/19/2005 07:10:00 PM, Blogger Christina said...

I drink, say "bugger", grew up in a Christian home *and* spent 13 years in Christian schools. Clearly I beat all of you in the 'holier than thou' stakes. Tremble at my ability to be even more patronising and hypocritical than Matt!! [Maniacally evil yet laughter]

 
At 8/19/2005 07:11:00 PM, Blogger Christina said...

Maniacally evil yet *holy* laughter, even

 
At 8/21/2005 12:47:00 PM, Blogger Jared said...

Christina you think you got it bad. I grew up with my both of my parents as Elders of the church with my father invariably the chairman of the Elders ie the highest position attainable at Westchurch. On top of this my mother is the Academic Registra for BCNZ Christchurch and my father is their tax accountant and an assistant lecturer.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home